Shop everything above and more!
Shop Banana Republic Factory Stores December 2-12 and receive 50% off all full-priced dresses!
See my picks for my favorite black friday deals below!
J.Crew: 30% off (code: HOLIDAY)
Ann Taylor: 50% off (code: ANNTHANKS)
Piperlime: 25% off (code: GIFT)
1. During the Holidays, parks are usually decorated with pretty lights and more, go ahead and take a stroll through and maybe even hit-up the ice skating area after for a little more fun. Don’t forget your hat and gloves though!
2. Make it a double (no, I’m not talking about your coffee) Plan a fun double date with another couple, maybe dinner and a sports game or concert to keep it fun.
3. Head to the city for the day (or out of it if you live there, or try a new one!) Make a day of it and go explore a city you haven’t been to in a while. Walk around, go shopping, have lunch and simply take it all in.
4. Stay in and have a movie marathon. Love a certain series (maybe Harry Potter?) cook dinner or get take out and see how many movies you can get through. If you’re really big fanatics you can quiz each other to see how much they remember about the movie (anyone remember Hagrid’s first name?) Caution though, if you’re competitive, this can get dangerous…
5. Take a cooking class together, or if you’re not into cooking try a pottery or some other fun activity you will both enjoy.
6. Do a lunch date instead. Take advantage of the fact that lots of delicious restaurants have great lunch deals and specials- have a yummy meal and save some money.
7. Turn off all of your electronics and have a board game night. Have fun throwing it back to when you were a kid and a cell phone was just some clunky phone your parents sometimes had with them.
8. Go to the zoo. I absolutely love going to zoos- I always have and probably always will. They aren’t just for kids, trust me, every age loves adorable animals.
9. Make a day of doing what the other one loves to do. He likes golf? You like going to plays? Hit up golf in the morning and go to a play in the evening- it’s the best of both worlds.
10. Recreate your first date together and try to get it as close as you can.
p.s. you don’t have to necessarily do these with your fellow, grab your favorite gal pal and have some fun with her instead!
What was your best (or better yet, worst) first date?
I’ve been totally slacking. It seems as though I have fewer and fewer hours in the day this past month and my blog posts were sadly the ones to suffer. However, I’ve recently passed on the torch of my sorority position and have taken on a slightly smaller one (director of merchandising- very appropriate) so I am hoping between that, and this semester nearly being over, extra time will reappear.
That being said- I have some really exciting and fun collaborations that are coming up very soon- and my favorite time of the year is coming up as well- holiday gift guides! So hopefully you all are just as excited as I am for all of that!
In the meantime, I’ve been escaping to pinterest for short bursts of stress relief and here are a few of my favorite pins recently…
In case you forgot my deep obsession with elephants- you’ve been reminded.
I’m sorry- why can’t I look this adorable on the slopes? I look like a hot mess when I’m done with a day of skiing and I also need about four times the amount of layers she has on to stay warm.
This is just lovely- it makes me wish spring time was around the corner and that I liked tea so I could have an afternoon tea that looked like this.
If you’re a pinterest fanatic like me leave a link to your profile in the comments so I can check out what pins you’re been loving!
Coat: J.Crew (similar here, last seen here), Sweater: Kate Spade, Skirt: Pim + Larkin (similar here), Shoes: Nine West, Tights: Milk & Honey c/o, Bag: Louis Vuitton, Tassel: Design Darling, Jewelry: David Yurman, Kate Spade, J.Crew, Moon and Lola
I’ve seen this bag for a while now, and have always loved the style, but yesterday I received an email that showed the bright patent leather colors this bag comes in, needless to say- I fell in love. I’ve been obsessing over them ever since. I am seriously struggling to decide which patent leather color I love more, the pink or the navy.
Check out all my favorite colors here:
Confession: I used to be afraid to wear skinny jeans. I thought I looked completely disproportionate in them. They only time I would wear them was with boots (tucked in obviously.) I loved how they looked on other people, just not me. I was convinced that my butt was too big to wear them. It wasn’t until the Summer before last that one of my best friends, Nicole, convinced me I was being absurd. Thank goodness she did because I practically live in my skinny jeans now.
Here are my picks for some great skinny jeans:
I love sequins. Love, love, love. Sequin party dresses are the ultimate holiday dresses, especially for New Years Eve (yes, I realize that’s a ways a way, but I’m a planner.) However, I love them for all through the holiday season. I’ve put together some favorites at all different price points, enjoy!
Shop even more here:
Fast Free Shipping Worldwide